Dhal and Vegetables
- 1 Small head of Cauliflower florets
- 1 Butternut squash cut and cubed ( optional)
- 1.5 cup Red lentil Dhal
- 1 tin of chopped Tomato
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ⅓ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chili pwder
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ inch ginger julienne
- Wash Soak the red lentils for atleast 20 min while you prep the rest
- Cut wash vegetables
- In a hot pan add oil and when hot enough add the the garlic cloves and ginger stipes for about a min till the oil is infused and then add the onions.
- Slightly brown them and to it add the soaked and drained dhal and coat them well with the spices.
- Add tomatoes and cook them further for about a 3-4 min
- Add the rest of the vegetables
- Season with salt , add approx 1.5 cups of water ,well enough to coat the veggies to cook and the dhal.
- Cover and simmer for approx 20 min.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and tuck in with hot rice/bread and a glass of wine.
Hey Nice To meet you!
Anita is an Indian Chef, Cookery teacher & food blogger. Her mission is to simple educate and share just how simple, healthy and tasty Indian cooking can be. She is often seen at food festivals and cookery schools demonstrating her passion for cooking to make it fun and interesting, sharing her food stories.Learn More
Isn’t its great feeling to cook together, while the presence of the other human being to share the platform of your creativity. I often enjoy
How to cook the perfect rice every time. The truth about rice is its much loved and appreciated all year through. My comfort food
The Spice Box 7 things you need to know about your Spice Box Have you ever wondered what’s inside a spice Box in Indian