- 8 ounces halloumi
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus more for serving
- Sliced tomatoes for serving
- Sliced cucumbers for serving
- Fresh mint for serving
- Zaatar for serving
- Drain the halloumi and slice in wide thin pieces, about 8 slices. Pat the slices very dry with paper towels.
- Heat the olive oil in a grill pan or heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced halloumi and cook undisturbed until the bottoms are well-browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Use a spatula or tongs to flip the halloumi slices and cook on the other side until browned, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Plate the grilled halloumi with sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, fresh mint, zaatar and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Equipment: For indoor grilling, I love using the Anolon nonstick griddle/pan (affiliate link). It creates crisp texture with beautiful grill marks.
Nutritional Data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
Hey Nice To meet you!
Anita is an Indian Chef, Cookery teacher & food blogger. Her mission is to simple educate and share just how simple, healthy and tasty Indian cooking can be. She is often seen at food festivals and cookery schools demonstrating her passion for cooking to make it fun and interesting, sharing her food stories.Learn More