All those important skills you need to know to be a better cook. We are going to use our common sense to guide us.
Lamb Kofta with Mint and Yogurt Dressing
- BBQ Grilling
- 500 gms lamb minced
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic cloves- chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs or panko crumbs
- 1 cup parsely, mint and coriander herbs
Spice mix for Kofte
- ½ tsp Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 clove clove of garlic minced or grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to season
Skewers, flat breads and shredded cabbage,lettuce,onions,tomato
Make the Kofte
- I use a blender/mixer to do this you can use your hand to do this as well. Grate the onion, add the spice mix and herbs and lamb and bread crumbs.
- Damp your hands with wet water and divide the lamb mix into equal shapes and onto the skewer and rest them on a tray cover it with cling film and in the fridge till you are reay to grill.
- Shred the salad bits, cabbage, carrots, cut tomatoes, and mix them into a bowl and keep it aside.
- get flatbreads ready, soak skewers in warm water for serving and get the grill on
- While all the prep do, when the grill is ready put them on to the bbq grill on med heat cook for about 6 min whilst rotating. if using stove do it on in batches so even heat is distributed and cooks even.
- Place the flatbread, smear the yogurt sauce and the kofte with the salad and you are ready to eat.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I love hearing how you went with trying my recipes! Tag me on Instagram at @hobbycooksac or use #hobbycooks
Thinking of plant based diet that can improve your health and well-being and enjoying nature’s offering and its flavours.
Isn’t its great feeling to cook together, while the presence of the other human being to share the platform of your creativity. I often enjoy