- 250 gms of Potato
- 250 gms Passata/1 can of Tinned Tomatoes/or fresh
- 1 Medium Onion
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp of coriander powder
- ¼ tsp of cumin powder
- ½ tsp Ginger paste
- ½ tsp Garlic paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves- chopped
- 1 green Chili
- ½ tsp fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) optional
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp cooking Oil
- ½ cup of water
- Salt to season
- Cut wash potato and cook them in salted boiling water for 20 min. Once done take them aside and place them aside.
- Blend the ginger, garlic, tomato, Chili into paste and keep it aside
- In a pan heat oil and add the chopped garlic, sauté for 2-3 min, add the chopped onion and sauté it for another 2 min or so till its translucent.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well along with a little water to the consistency. Wait it starts to bubble add the spices (turmeric, garam, red chili powder). Stir it for 2-3 min
- Add the cubed potatoes to it, Season it with salt
- Add the fenugreek, lemon juice
- Stir in the fresh cream, leave it to simmer on a low flame for 2-3 min and switch of heat
- Serve it hot with rice or flat bread.
Hey Nice To meet you!
Anita is an Indian Chef, Cookery teacher & food blogger. Her mission is to simple educate and share just how simple, healthy and tasty Indian cooking can be. She is often seen at food festivals and cookery schools demonstrating her passion for cooking to make it fun and interesting, sharing her food stories.Learn More
Isn’t its great feeling to cook together, while the presence of the other human being to share the platform of your creativity. I often enjoy
How to cook the perfect rice every time. The truth about rice is its much loved and appreciated all year through. My comfort food
The Spice Box 7 things you need to know about your Spice Box Have you ever wondered what’s inside a spice Box in Indian