All those important skills you need to know to be a better cook. We are going to use our common sense to guide us.
- cast iron skillet
- 6 large Eggs 6-8 if small
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup courgette/Zucchini diced
- 2 tsp mixed italian herbs thyme,oregano
- 2-3 small baby potatoes cooked/cut into quarters
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice cheddar/gGruyere
- ¾ cup fresh/frozen peas optional
- 2 tablespoon Parsley leaves finely chopped
- Pre- heat oven 200 C
- Whisk the eggs and cream together using a pinch of salt to season it
- Heat oil in the skillet and when hot add the diced potato if pre cooked just ensure it turns brown enough and take it off the heat and set aside.
In the same pan.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, ginger and saute it for 4-5 min and then add the salt and pepper to it and add the cooked potatoes plus the baby spinach.Keep it on low heat
- Ensure that all vegetables are all evenly spread out in the cast iron skillet and sprinkle the shredded cheese and pour the eggs and cream mixture to it, making sure all veggies are covered and cook till you see the edges begining to crisp up for 2-3 min.
- Bake the fritta for further 6-10 min in the oven
- Check the eggs are not runny and if needed cook it further till its firm and the cheese looked brown enough
- Take it out and cool it in the pan for a few min, cut them into wedges, garnish it with fresh herbs
- I used some chopped tomatoes and peppers to garnish them and is completely optional.
- Using left over veggies is the best when you run out of ideas for a Sunday breakfast.
- You can refrigerate for up to 4 days in an airtight container
- pre cooked veggies and this recipe be can be cooked in 20 min.
Thinking of plant based diet that can improve your health and well-being and enjoying nature’s offering and its flavours.
Isn’t its great feeling to cook together, while the presence of the other human being to share the platform of your creativity. I often enjoy