All those important skills you need to know to be a better cook. We are going to use our common sense to guide us.
- a deep pan
- 1 cup almonds you can make a paste or use almond flour
- 1 cup yogurt greek full fat
- 750 gms skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs
- 1 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2-3 cardamom pods crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic or paste
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil/ghee for cooking
- Soak almonds and make them into a paste ( use almond flour) instead
- In a glass bowl, marinate the chicken with yogurt and garlic paste and salt and keep it aside for 30 min or overnight if you prefer
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan, when ready add the bay leaf and cardamom pods and add the onions and saute it for 3-4 min till golden brown
- Add the marinated chicken and cook it through till the gravy comes to boil and water evaporates from the yogurt.
- Add the almond flour or paste at this stage and stir it, add a little water or stock to bring it consitency
- Add the dry spices and cover lid and cook for a few more mintes till chicken is cooked through
- Add the garam masala and garnish it with herbs
- Serve it hot with Roti/Naan/Rice
- Bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking
- Slightly crush the cardamom pods before adding them to oil to avoid bursting
- The Almond paste will make the gravy thick and sticky to the pot so make sure you add water to maintain consistency of the curry.
Thinking of plant based diet that can improve your health and well-being and enjoying nature’s offering and its flavours.
Isn’t its great feeling to cook together, while the presence of the other human being to share the platform of your creativity. I often enjoy