Chicken Shawarma Pie
- 750 gms Chicken Breast/ chicken thigh deboned
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamom powder
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 small bunch parsely leaves and stalk chopped up
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 75 gms Tahini paste
- 2-3 tbsp Yogurt Greek/natural
- 500 gms Baking potatoes unpeeled and cut into 0.5 slices
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Lemon Juice and Zest
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 50 gms butter
- pack store bough filo pastry you will need 8
- The first step is to clean, cut and prep all tht needs to chopped and marinted.
- Butterfly the chicken and marintate it with ginger garlic paste, olive oil, salt and pepper and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside or overnight if you can in the fridge.
- Meanwhile pre heat the oven to 175-180 deg and place the sliced potatoes placing them evenly and drizzle them with salt pepper and oil, start it on low heat for 10 min and gradually turnn the heat up to 200 deg until golden. Set them side
- This step I choose to do it on the grill or in a deep pan, place the marinate chicken, along with chopped onions and stock and cook on moderate heat till soft and is cooked
- One the liquid is reduced to about 4 table spoons shred the chicken and add chopped parsley to it.
- Next is the tahini sauce and greek yogurt mix them together along with the garlic crushed, lemon juice and zest of lemon.keepit aside.
- Next is to get the butter melted in 2 tsp of olive oil and grease the bottom of the pie pan or cake tin and place the filo sheet on the bottom. grease another one and keep placing them tlll you have used 6 sheets and to 2 to spare in a flower shape having equal layers.
- Next is to assemble the pie, place the potato slices at the bottom of the last filo sheet. You may have it over lapping a bit but its ok, then add the chicken pieces and add the tahini paste and close the pie off with the remaining 2 fillo cheets, brush them again with butter and oil misture. Sprinkle nigella seeds and bake it for upto 45 min at 180 deg . The top should look golden and tosty but keep a watch .
- Cool and take the pie off, add chilli flakes and garnish it with fresh herbs and serve it hot.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I love hearing how you went with trying my recipes! Tag me on Instagram at @hobbycooksac or use #hobbycooks
All those important skills you need to know to be a better cook. We are going to use our common sense to guide us.
Thinking of plant based diet that can improve your health and well-being and enjoying nature’s offering and its flavours.
Isn’t its great feeling to cook together, while the presence of the other human being to share the platform of your creativity. I often enjoy